Starting the sign in process
Users can initiate the sign in process from multiple locations within the platform.
From within the 3D environment
When in the 3D environment, users can sign in through the side menu.
- Click or tap on the icon in the top left corner. Note that you might see a logo instead in the first few seconds, clicking/tapping on the logo will work as well.
- The side menu will open. If you are not currently logged in, the “Sign in” option will be visible at the end.
- You will be brought to the sign in page on auth.universalavatars.com, where you can choose your sign in method (see the Sign in methods section of this document)
From an app in the LearnBrite ecosystem (Dashboard, Trophio, Bots)
Trying to access most URLs in any of the ecosystem apps will redirect you directly to the sign in page on auth.universalavatars.com, where you can choose your sign in method.
Sign in methods
Email and password
The default sign in method is to use your UniversalAvatars email and password. You can enter them in the form, click or tap on Sign in, and after your credentials are confirmed you will be redirected to the page you were trying to visit before starting the login process.
Resetting the password
If you forgot your password, you can click on the “Forgot your password?” link in the form.
You will be brought to a page where you can enter your account’s email in order to initiate the password reset procedure – once you receive the email, click on the link within to set a new password.
If you have not received the email after a few minutes, please check the FAQs section of this document.
This sign in method can be chosen by clicking or tapping on the “Email link” option below the main form.
This method is also sometimes called “magic login” or “one-click link”, and involves clicking on a special link sent to your email address in order to sign in.
After clicking on the “Email link” button, you will be brought to a page with a form where you can enter your account’s email. If it matches an existing account, you will receive an email within a few minutes
If you do not receive the email within a few minutes, please see the FAQs section of this document.
If your company instructed you to sign in with SSO, you can do so by clicking on the “SSO” icon below the main login form.
You will be brought to a page where you can enter your organization’s SSO ID to initiate login.
The SSO ID should have been provided by your company, and is usually the company name (lowercase) or more rarely an abbreviated version.
For example, in the case of LearnBrite it might be learnbrite or lb.
After clicking or tapping on Continue you will be brought to your organization’s login screen, and after completing the process you will be automatically redirected to your original URL.
If you cannot remember your organization’s SSO ID, you can click on the “I don’t know my organization’s SSO ID” link. Provided you logged in with SSO at least once in the past, you can enter your email and you will be automatically redirected to your organization’s login page.
Note that after an account signs in with SSO the first time, it is permanently bound to that specific organization, and any attempt to login through other methods will simply redirect to the organization’s login screen.
I have not received the email I was expecting
There are a couple of reasons why this might happen.
1. It’s rare, but possible, that the email was sent to the spam folder. The easiest check is therefore to search the spam folder to see if the magic login email was directed there.
2. An affirmative message is shown (for security reasons) whether the email you provided exists in our database or not. It’s therefore important to ensure you entered the correct email address in the form.
3. The first time a mail service is contacted by our servers, emails might be forced to “wait” a certain amount of time (up to a few hours, but most commonly up to 30 minutes) before they are allowed to appear in the user’s inbox. This is a measure against spam which we have no control over, but the restriction for all subsequent messages is lifted after the first email is opened.
If you are having continued issues with magic logins or password resets, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of what solutions from the ones proposed above you tried, as well as the email address with which you are trying to log in.
We are sorry that this article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this article!
Tell us how we can improve this article?