The Participants menu is part of the UI in the 3D environment, it enables:
- Finding participants
- Communication between participants across a world
- Presenters and editors to manage participants in a space or world
Based on the user’s role different features will be available.
It can be accessed through
- The hamburger menu, in the top left corner of the interface.
- The top toolbar on the right
- The chat history panel in the bottom right corner
- Space/World tabs: switch between viewing users in your space and users in all spaces in the world (only visible if you have joined world rather than a stand-alone space)
- Usernames: this includes a checkbox to select a specific username. Your own name, as well as dial-in users, cannot be selected
- Space actions: select all users within that space, or teleport yourself to that space
- Single-user actions: actions that apply only to the specific user in that row (described below)
- Select all/none: for bulk-selection and deselection across all spaces in the list
- Multiple-user actions: actions that apply to all selected users
To each user a variety of actions can be applied:
- Profile: open the user’s profile
- Add: send a contact request
- Whisper: send a private message
Presenters and editors have access to more participant management tools
Additional presenter features
Mute selected participants in the audio call. Works for both built-in conferencing and Zoom.
Ask selected participants to turn on their microphone (they can decline). Works for both built-in conferencing and Zoom.
Prompt selected participants in the same space as you to teleport to your location. Participants may choose to decline the request and stay where they are.
Managing conference call
Call is used to ask selected participants to join the current audio call (they can decline). Works for both built-in conferencing and Zoom.
As the organizer you will be asked to confirm you want to send a call request to the selected participants.
The participant(s) will receive a popup asking them to Join or Cancel.
Once the participant has joined the conference call the microphone icon will appear next in their avatar name label.
Drop call disconnects selected participants from the current audio call.
Once the call has been dropped the microphone icon will disappear from the avatar name label.
Remove selected participants from the space/world.
The selected participant(s) will be disconnected from the current space or world with a message saying their “Session has ended”.
Kick is not permanent, a user can reload the page and join again.
To permanently block a participant use the “Lock invite” feature in the dashboard. See the How do I…? guide for details.
Additional presenter features
- Send to: send the user to another space, and to breakout rooms. The user can decline.
We are sorry that this article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this article!
Tell us how we can improve this article?